Friday, November 02, 2007

So that was Halloween

I spent most of Halloween watching a very funny film on DVD which I've just finished reviewing on my UK DVD Review Blog. It's a French film (ie with the dreaded sub-titles) but well worth seeing anyway, especially if you like 'laugh out loud' farce. It's called Poltergay


This entry is being written very early in the morning (or late at night, depending on your viewpoint) as I've got an early morning start to go and attend the What HiFi?/Stuff Show. I've little interest in Hi-Fi, but a lot of interest in the new 1080p High definition plasma's from Pioneer (60 inch model) and Panasonic (65 inch model). My current Pioneer 50 inch model is looking a bit long in the tooth, and lacks the HDMI ports I need to get a decent picture from my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD decks. It's also limited to 720p resolution, so it'll be interesting to see how things have improved between my 'third generation' plasma and the 'eighth generation' screens that are now available. I went to the show last year and thought the admission price was a bit extortionate, given how small it was, but it is one of the few places where you can actually see the new models performing, and pick up the latest brochures.


Smile of the Day contains a four letter word, but is otherwise safe for work, despite the worrying title. It's a sketch from a couple of comedians, one of whom works on one of the big American chat shows. Check out Glory Hole on YouTube.

No comments: