Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

So 2007 is here. I had intended welcoming it in by viewing the usual foreworks display down the road at The London Eye (after all, I'm sure we London residents are all contributing financially towards its high cost) but rain and wind, and memories of the crowds at previous years' events, put me off and I somehow ended up missing the midnight passage because I was immersed in watching a movie. So while others drank and made a lot of noise (fireworks were still going off near here at 2 in the morning) I was watching the HD-DVD of Forbidden Planet, a film from 1957 that I've never seen before, but whose influence on the original series of Star Trek is all too obvious. A review on my new HD DVD Review Blog will no doubt follow in due course.


So it's back to normality (the day job) tomorrow. I've really enjoyed the break and although progress on studying hasn't been anywhere near as much as I'd hoped, I have at least started AND managed to catch up on watching some of the DVD backlog that's been building over the last few months. And finally I got the HD-DVD blog launched, which just means that weekends will now be even more taken up with watching movies and then brain-dumping at the PC, as I suddenly have two blogs to update each weekend now! So many movies, so little time!


I've made no New Year resolutions, but am relatively optimistic 2007 will be a much better year than 2006, which seemed to be a year of continually fighting off the big black bear called 'depression'. I've got no major changes planned (other than cutting down on credit card usage, and trying to get debt free as quickly as possible), but hopefully I'm better prepared for what the year throws at me than I was this time last year.


2006 sucked for all sorts of reasons. 2007 WILL be better, if only because I've FINALLY tidied up the refuse tip that was called my office!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year fella.

Hey, Forbidden Planet. That's a pretty good evening in. Babylon 5 pays homage to it as well.

Anyway, all the best for 2007.

Unknown said...

Thanks. And to you and yours too.

Brian Sibley said...

Can't wait to see the tidied-tip...

Must check and see if you've reviewed FP - though I suspect you WEREN'T THAT KEEN...

As for the Bear, you know we're happy to help fight it off, but we need to know when it's attacking... :-)

Hoping your hopes for 2007 are fulfilled...

Love as ever...